Modérateurs: Modération Forum Home-Cinéma, Modération Forum Installations, Modération Forum Univers TV, Le Bureau de l’Association HCFR • Utilisateurs parcourant ce forum: Aucun utilisateur enregistré et 6 invités

Calibrate the colorimeter?

Message » 14 Oct 2014 11:17

Hello together,

sorry for the English first, but I unfortunately never learned French.

I want to check the calibration of my new projector (Sony VW500) which came calibrated from my dealer.

I use the HCFR software and a Spyder3 I already have.

Now I see the results are not toooo bad, but are also not 100% correct.
Especially a little less green and a little much red.

How do I know, if the Spyder is measuring correctly? Can I either test/calibrate this on my own, or is there something like a typical calibration file for the Spyder3?
Or are there companies which could assist in calibrating the Spyder3 (without spending too much money)
If so, what would I have to search for in Google? with my search pattern I only found lots of links on "how to calibrate WITH a colorimeter" but not "how to calibrate a colorimeter".
Thanks for any help

Regards
Stefan
birdie72

Inscription Forum: 14 Oct 2014 11:03

Message » 14 Oct 2014 14:28

Look for an ID3, she'll be better than your spyder; how can you see than red is too high and green is too low? With your eyes?
jazzliberator
Membre HCFR
Membre HCFR

Inscription Forum: 10 Mai 2008 21:24

Message » 14 Oct 2014 15:27

Well, wanted to avoid to buy another colorimeter. I would just know that it measures different, but wouldn't know which one (if any) is correct.

about red and green I was reffering to the measurements in HCFR.

Don't know how to upload pictures here... In this german forum you find two pictures of my measurements.
http://www.beisammen.de/board/index.php?page=Thread&postID=1384497#post1384497
birdie72

Inscription Forum: 14 Oct 2014 11:03

Message » 14 Oct 2014 22:00

You need too calibrate your spyder with a spectrophotomer.

Chromapure or Calman sell ID3 with calibration (it's better to do this with your screen but more better than spyder or ID3 standar).
jazzliberator
Membre HCFR
Membre HCFR

Inscription Forum: 10 Mai 2008 21:24

Retourner vers Les logiciels de calibration