Modérateurs: Modération Forum Home-Cinéma, Le Bureau de l’Association HCFR • Utilisateurs parcourant ce forum: Den92, yannosaeba et 19 invités

Les Processeurs Vidéo (Scaler, Désentrelaceur, Enhancer) et tous les appareils traitant l'image (y compris les ampli HC)

Lumagen Radiance Pro 4K beta

Message » 15 Jan 2015 19:04

Bonjour,

Je suis sur le point de finaliser les listes de bêta pour le nouveau dispositif Lumagen Radiance Pro avec entrée et de sortie et 4K HDMI2.0 spec. Je ai été contacté précédemment par les gens, mais mon ordinateur a subi une défaillance et je ai du mal à accéder aux listes que je avais compilés. Si vous êtes intéressé à être un testeur bêta début pour cet appareil se il vous plaît contactez-moi directement pour plus d'informations et les prix. Tout ce que je peux dire publiquement, ce est que le nouveau modèle ne remplace pas les actuelles unités 21xx. Ils restent et continueront pour l'avenir prévisible. L'Pro est une unité sensiblement plus coûteux, le coût d'un processeur dans elle est supérieure à toute une mini3d!

Merci d'avoir pris le temps de lire ceci.

Gordon

opbilbo a écrit:
Dernier firmware disponible : version 011120 sortie le 23/01/2020

011120- Posted 012320 Small change for those using remote control arrow keys to change the input aspect ratio. Eliminates several rare aspect ratios and puts the common ones into an intuitive order. If you're not using the arrow keys to change aspect ratios then there's no reason to load this update. Functionality of arrow keys is changeable in the menu under Other: I/O Setup: Remote Ctl . Please continue giving us your detailed feedback on issues via email at radiancepro_beta@lumagen.com .
Update time ~1 minutes @230k from previous firmware

http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php?mo ... ro_updates

"The original setts have been moved to Service Mode since people were setting them incorrectly. If you enter Service Mode (MENU 0910 or through the MENU.Other.Menu Mode menu) they become visible. In the menu there is a Permanent Service Mode if you always want access to the additional settings.

However, we strongly recommend that all settings the no longer show in user mode be left at defaults as you are likely to make the picture worse if you change them. You can us the Input.Option.HDR Setup menu to set HDR parameters to default.

Make sure to Save any changes."

post180168791.html#p180168791

———————————————————————————-

Installation et fonctionnement : tests-cr-sources/processeur-video-lumagen-radiance-2021-t30034653.html

———————————————————————————-
gordon@convergentav
Pro-Commercant
Pro-Commercant

Inscription Forum: 05 Juil 2012 15:26

Message » 22 Fév 2015 9:35

Bonjour à tous.

Lumagen lance un intéressant programme pour les personnes voulant devenir beta testeurs du futur Radiance Pro 4K. Il donne aussi quelques info intéressantes sur ses capacités en terme d'entrées/sorties qui reposent sur architecture modulaire et c'est plutôt une très bonne chose.

Source: http://www.convergent-av.co.uk/forum/in ... #msg_22123

We have not yet announced the RadiancePro officially, and this is not intended to be an announcement, but information has been getting out. So, while I am very hesitant to take focus away from products we can actually sell today, I find talking about the Radiance Pro is getting much harder to avoid, and I am yielding to pressure to release more information.

We have been making good progress on the Radiance Pro design. I am going to provide a few tidbits about the Radiance Pro, but first, to those of you "waiting to buy" the Radiance Pro, please contact me at sales@lumagen.com to discuss a "loaner" program I have initiated. For a limited number of customers, if you purchase the Radiance Pro now, until it becomes available we will loan you an appropriate Radiance unit. Note, you must be under NDA to take advantage of this special offer.

I have decided to make this offer as I am talking to a number of people who would like a Radiance 2143 now but do not want to suffer the depreciation on the value of a current unit. With loaner program you have no loss of value in having a Radiance unit immediately. Lumagen benefits by gaining a sale now, rather than a someone just "waiting." Once we get the loaners back we will sell them as "pre-owned" units and so can recover a portion of the cost of this loaner program. Note that I have not talked about this loaner program with Lumagen dealers. So, if you are working with a dealer, you can ask them to call me to work out the details.

This loaner program applies to new sales only. However, if you bought a Radiance in recent months, feel free to give me a call (503-574-2211), and I will try to work with you on an excellent trade-in value for your current Radiance. If you have owned a Radiance longer we will be giving a good trade-in allowance toward a Radiance Pro. So, even if you have had your Radiance for years (thank you for your loyalty by the way) please give me a call or email and we can discuss trade-in options.

Note in Europe (other than Italy/Croatia), Gordon Fraser of Convergent AV (you are on his website for this forum) is acting as the contact person for Radiance Pro Beta. You can PM or email Gordon for information on the European Beta program. We expect our Italian distributor, Plasmapan, to be the Beta contact for Italy and Croatia, but we do not have the details worked out with Plasmapan yet. Of course if I can be of help, feel free to email me directly.

======================================

More information is available under NDA, but here are a couple tidbits about the first Radiance Pro model:

- Inputs and outputs are on dual-input, or dual-output, daughter cards. This helps in several ways. When new HDMI chip versions come on line you will be able to purchase HDMI upgrade cards rather than needing to buy a new unit. Using I/O cards also helps if you happen to have a power surge that takes out an input or an output. You can get back running by replacing one I/O card and not the entire unit.

- The base unit has six HDMI 2.0 inputs. This can be optioned up to eight HDMI 2.0 inputs. All inputs will support 4k60, 8-bit, 4:2:0.

- The base unit has two HDMI 2.0 outputs that support 4k60 8-bit 4:2:0. There is an option to add more outputs.

- The FPGA chip we are using in the Radiance Pro costs us more than an entire RadianceMini-3D unit ready to ship. This and other aspects of the Radiance Pro architecture mean it will sit above the top of the line Radiance 2144 in our product line.

I will provide more information over time. For now I hope this information is helpful to those of you who have been wondering about the Radiance Pro details.
alex_t
Membre HCFR Contributeur
Membre HCFR Contributeur

Inscription Forum: 29 Oct 2005 23:04

Message » 04 Mar 2015 8:42

Quelques nouvelles de Jim Peterson. Le chipset HDMI 2.0 sera un Silicon Image et Lumagen va donner la possibilité de le mettre à jour ce qui est une très bonne chose en terme d'évolution.

Source: http://www.convergent-av.co.uk/forum/in ... #msg_22128

Here is some more information on the Radiance Pro:

All inputs and outputs are HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2. The new HDMI 2.0 chips are from Silicon Image and have an internal microprocessor with reprogrammable flash memory. This will allow Lumagen to provide updates when Silicon Image provides a new release and should help to eliminate compatibility issues.

Before with HDMI 1.X chips each company had to implement much of the HDMI protocols on its own. Often the HDMI specification, or the HDMI chip specifications, left a lot to the imagination. This meant each company had to make independent decisions on how to do their implementation based on incomplete specifications. Now with the internal processor being programmed by the chip manufacturer, and its processor doing virtually all the HDMI compatibility work, issues should be dramatically reduced. Even more so for the Radiance Pro when connected to other products that use the new Silicon Image HDMI 2.0 chips, which many will.
alex_t
Membre HCFR Contributeur
Membre HCFR Contributeur

Message » 05 Mar 2015 10:31

Oui mais jusqu'à un certain point !

Je ne voudrai pas paraître pessimiste, mais à mon avis le port HDMI2.0 aura des évolutions qui impliqueront aussi un TMDS supérieur.
Si tel était le cas un up hardware risque d'être obligatoire.

La configuration dans mon profil

Tout peut se mesurer et se calibrer du moment qu'on dispose des bons outils.
jacko
Membre d'Honneur - Contributeur & Délégué
Membre d'Honneur - Contributeur & Délégué

Inscription Forum: 12 Juin 2002 12:45

Message » 05 Mar 2015 13:43

jacko a écrit:Oui mais jusqu'à un certain point !

Je ne voudrai pas paraître pessimiste, mais à mon avis le port HDMI2.0 aura des évolutions qui impliqueront aussi un TMDS supérieur.
Si tel était le cas un up hardware risque d'être obligatoire.

Yo mon Jeff.

Le cas du nouveau hardware est aussi prévu. Les cartes HDMI in/out seront des cartes filles donc en cas d'évolution hardware Lumagen proposera un update de ces cartes plutôt que de changer totalement de Radiance.

Pour la reprogrammation du chipset HDMI ça sera surtout utile pour régler une incompatibilité du chipset avec un matériel ou un codec par exemple, enfin je le crois.

Lumagen fait bien de rendre ce Radiance pro 4K modulaire et évolutif car je crains que son prix de vente soit vraiment très élevé. La pilule passera mieux si l'acheteur sait que le scaler est évolutif à la fois sur le software (firmware) et le hardware (nouveau chipset hdmi). En fait la limitation de ce modèle sera son FPGA et sa mémoire interne mais j'ai l'impression que Lumagen a choisi un FPGA de compétition (d'où le prix qui risque d'être :o )

a+
alex_t
Membre HCFR Contributeur
Membre HCFR Contributeur

Message » 05 Mar 2015 16:27

alex_t a écrit:Lumagen fait bien de rendre ce Radiance pro 4K modulaire et évolutif car je crains que son prix de vente soit vraiment très élevé. La pilule passera mieux si l'acheteur sait que le scaler est évolutif à la fois sur le software (firmware) et le hardware (nouveau chipset hdmi). En fait la limitation de ce modèle sera son FPGA et sa mémoire interne mais j'ai l'impression que Lumagen a choisi un FPGA de compétition (d'où le prix qui risque d'être :o )

a+

je veux bien être bêta testeur si on me prête le matériel sinon j'attendrais qu'il soit 100% fonctionnel et sans bug ...
le prix peut etre confidentiel, je pense qu'il va se vendre difficilement a ce tarif.
vincz

Inscription Forum: 24 Déc 2008 18:40

Message » 09 Mar 2015 11:26

Lumagen ont examiné les questions qu'ils ont eues avec implimentations HDMI dans le passé et les modifications apportées aux specifictions de HDMI. L'architecture des unités Pro devrait être capable de faire face avec les deux modifications matérielles et logicielles à une bien plus grande mesure que des modèles précédents.

Je espère que si ne importe qui peut faire un produit, en particulier un processeur vidéo, ce est sans bug et fonctionnel, il serait Lumagen. Il y aura, bien sûr, une période de bêta où ils répondent aux commentaires dans le champ car ils ne peuvent pas tout tester en laboratoire, mais l'histoire a montré qu'ils sont très sensibles et sont déterminés à faire les meilleurs produits qu'ils peuvent. Même cette semaine je ai trouvé un bug qui personne d'autre ne avait remarqué ou communiqué avec eux à propos et dans les deux jours, il a été résolu dans la dernière mise à jour de firmware pour 202X unités. Oui, ils ont fixé un bug pour un produit qu'ils ne ont pas fait plus d'un an, que personne d'autre a remarqué ou plaints .... ce est assez bon soutien que je pense.
gordon@convergentav
Pro-Commercant
Pro-Commercant

Message » 14 Mar 2015 19:45

Bonjour à tous.

Une info intéressante, ce modèle n'aura pas de GF9450, source : http://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-video- ... st32594481

a+
alex_t
Membre HCFR Contributeur
Membre HCFR Contributeur

Message » 11 Mai 2015 17:39

Bonjour,

Une information technique plutôt intéressante de Jim Peterson sur AVSforum : http://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-video- ... st34121650

La question initiale:

jjcook sur AVsforum a écrit:I am interested in sometimes leaving my projector zoomed out and shrinking the image to fit my screen, e.g. zoomed to fill the width of a 2.35:1 screen and shrinking 1.78 content to fit the screen. I do this currently on my Radiance XS3D and notice some loss in detail from the reduced resolution.

My question is will using a Radiance 214x give any better result? Specifically, if I have the 214x unit setup to upscale to 4K and lets assume I am using a 4K projector, does the 4K upscaling happen before or after the image shrink? I would think if the 4K upscale happened first then more detail would be retained in the shrunk image as compared to shrinking the 1080p image first and then applying 4K upscale of the result.

La réponse de Jim Peterson:

Jim Perterson sur AVsforum a écrit:[...]

The RadianceXS has a 148.5 MHz pipeline. So it will down scale for your case of 16:9 on a 2.35 screen. This will reduce resolution you see which is in any case unavoidable for output from the RadianceXS at 1080p.

The Radiance 20XX pipeline is 148.5 MHz as well (due to FPGA limitations) but doubles the pixels at the end of the pipeline for 4k24 or 4k30 output at 297 M pixels/second. So a 20XX unit would downscale first and then upscale for your 4k projector for the 16:9 on a 2.35 screen case. Full width 2.35 would only upscale and so preserve the source resolution and then upscale it. However, as the above implies, for older 20XX units, the 4k upscale of 16:9 on a 2.35 screen would lose some resolution due to the architectural limits.

The Radiance 21XX has a 297 MHz back-end pipeline, which improves this for 24p and 30p material. Since 4k24 and 4k30 run at 297 M pixels/second, the 21XX pipeline runs a full rate and so does the Lumagen NoRing(TM) scaling as the last step for 16:9 on a 2.35 screen for the 24p and 30p cases. So it preserves the source resolution for the scaling for 24p/30p for 16:9 on a 2.35 screen on a 4k projector. However, for 4k60 output, the pixel rate is 597 MHz. So due to the FPGA limit of 297 M pixels/second, the doubling happens as the final step for 4k60 output. So 4k60 output of 2.35 material on a 2.35 would preserve the full resolution. However, the 60p output case of 16:9 on a 2.35 screen would downscale first, and then scale to the output resolution, losing some of the source resolution for this special case.

The upcoming Radiance Pro pipeline runs at 594 M pixels/second. So, since it is running at the full output rate, it would preserve the source resolution and upscale using the Lumagen NoRing(TM) scaling as the final step giving the the best possible results for all sources up to and including 4k60 for your 16:9 on 2.35 screen at 4k case (and of course 2.35 on a 2.35 screen as well).

[...]
alex_t
Membre HCFR Contributeur
Membre HCFR Contributeur

Message » 25 Mai 2015 21:13

Bonjour à tous,

Je vous propose un petit décryptage des dernières info disponibles sur le Radiance Pro 4k : http://performances-home-cinema.fr/2015 ... -ensemble/

Alexandre
alex_t
Membre HCFR Contributeur
Membre HCFR Contributeur

Message » 07 Juil 2015 9:09

Bonjour,

La page officielle sur le Radiance PRO 4K est en ligne sur le site le Lumagen avec le suivi des firmware beta : http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php?mo ... ro_details

Visuels:

a+
alex_t
Membre HCFR Contributeur
Membre HCFR Contributeur

Message » 02 Aoû 2015 12:16

Bonjour à tous
Que peut m apporter de plus cet appareil par rapport à un i scan mini
Cordialement

Téléviseur Sony KD-65X9305C calibré par Cédric Louis http://www.calibrage-ecran.com/
LE DÉCODEUR CANAL Ambeo soundbar
SVS SB-2000 PRO
serdam
Membre d'Honneur - Contributeur & Modérateur Home-Cinema

Inscription Forum: 02 Sep 2004 11:32

Message » 11 Aoû 2015 19:25

y a t il des revendeurs en France
merci

Téléviseur Sony KD-65X9305C calibré par Cédric Louis http://www.calibrage-ecran.com/
LE DÉCODEUR CANAL Ambeo soundbar
SVS SB-2000 PRO
serdam

Inscription Forum: 02 Sep 2004 11:32

Message » 13 Aoû 2015 20:06

Nous avons déjà parlé, mais je vais ajouter ici. Alex Torcelli est un concessionnaire et i peut également fournir directement. Pour ceux qui veulent étalonnages je vous conseille Alex a une grande expérience avec les unités LUMAGEN et serait ma première recommandation en France.
gordon@convergentav
Pro-Commercant
Pro-Commercant

Message » 13 Aoû 2015 20:23

Pour éviter tout malentendu: je vends uniquement des services de calibration. Bien évidemment je sais exactement quoi faire pour calibrer une installation vidéo avec un Lumagen Radiance et je remercie de nouveau Gordon de me recommander de la sorte.

J'adore les scaler Lumagen et je fais le maximum pour partager mon expérience et mes connaissances sur ces produits dans les divers forums que je fréquente, en particulier sur HCFR, donc n'hésitez pas à me questionner, quand je sais répondre je le fais avec beaucoup de plaisir.
alex_t
Membre HCFR Contributeur
Membre HCFR Contributeur

Retourner vers Processeurs Vidéo

• Articles en relation
    Dernier message