Modérateurs: Modération Forum DIY, Modération Forum Installations, Le Bureau de l’Association HCFR • Utilisateurs parcourant ce forum: Sagem et 68 invités

Buzquito or UCD-what should I choose?

Message » 23 Déc 2006 18:50

Hi!
You guy's are familiar with Zenquito or Buzquito amps.
I need to know there is differences in "sound" between an UCD module(180 or 400) and Buzquito or Zenquito amp.
I know there is some differences between Bozquito and Zenquito but I don't know if comparing with an UCD module....on the same power...let's say about 50W.

My goal is to make an amp close to 50-90W max. but with a higher quality.
What do you think?
Thx.
fus

Inscription Forum: 21 Déc 2006 21:17

Message » 23 Déc 2006 19:03

fus a écrit:Hi!
You guy's are familiar with Zenquito or Buzquito amps.
I need to know there is differences in "sound" between an UCD module(180 or 400) and Buzquito or Zenquito amp.
I know there is some differences between Bozquito and Zenquito but I don't know if comparing with an UCD module....on the same power...let's say about 50W.

My goal is to make an amp close to 50-90W max. but with a higher quality.
What do you think?
Thx.

Ucd is better... far away :wink:
elPacifico

Inscription Forum: 15 Oct 2004 10:53

Message » 23 Déc 2006 22:37

j don't have the the same opinion. J had the opportunity to compare both on SA2K and the best one seems to me the zenquito. maybe depends on the configuration of each amplifier.
gil-garcia

Inscription Forum: 05 Aoû 2003 12:21

Message » 23 Déc 2006 22:41

Hi,

We don't often have some english discussion here. You perhaps should add a french technology
to your wishlist : Gemincore from CL3 company. Depending on your setup, theses class D modules
are wonderfull.
scoutOne

Inscription Forum: 20 Déc 2004 21:25

Message » 23 Déc 2006 23:21

Hi fus,

I've listened to Zenquito (50W low bias) and CL3 on the same same system (mid-range speakers), and class D CL3 Gemincore do sound the same as my zenquito. But limiting factor was the speakers, at that time. Listened on a B&W 802 system, the Gemincore was outstanding.

Recently, I've compared UCD180 (with standard OpAmp) with my Zenquito, but this time with a good source et excellent speakers (SA2K) and le UCD is far behind the Zenquito.

Talking about cost, a good Zenquito costs more (about 500 euros for a good complete double mono) than the UCD 180, and the Gemincore are more expensive.

Talking about absolute quality, well, for once, it is cost dependent ;)

The Gemincore has a major pro : the setup is really obvious!
A Zenquito needs good matching for the transistors ...

Regards,
Maousse
Maousse

Inscription Forum: 04 Jan 2005 21:54

Message » 24 Déc 2006 12:02

Hello! I'mp the owner of one Zenquito and UCD! The zenquito seems to be a more power amp than UCD, there is a little projection of the midrange which give really detail sound! UCD is neutral! ..I think the choice depend of your taste...like always!
sdf

Inscription Forum: 09 Jan 2003 16:22

Message » 24 Déc 2006 19:22

Hmmm...it seems the Zenquito is the best in this.
Gemincore ...maybe yes or maybe not-so far...I wonder if comparing Buzquito with Gemincore.

But the Buzquito seems to be the much better than both....or not?

I wish you all,the best Christmas and a really good year in quality projects.
Thx.
fus

Message » 25 Déc 2006 11:16

The Buzquito is a Zenquito with a slightly different driver stage to widthstand the higher supply voltage. The sound should be of the same characteristics; I would say, the simpler the best, I prefer Zenquito.

Do you need more than a real 50W RMS? The max power output of the Zenquito topology is 80W RMS with Hitachi FETs in AB² class. More than enough, I think.

You should also consider another pro for the Gemincore : no dissipator is required, even on a 24/7 appliance!

Merry Xmas for you and all your familly :)
Maousse

Message » 25 Déc 2006 13:07

Le zenquito a un facteur d'amortissement bas pour un transistor, ceci est a prendre en compte selon l'utilisation.
Le busquito/mosquito a un facteur d'amortissement 4 fois superieur et peut etre mieux adapté si les enceintes sont reactives.

http://perso.orange.fr/francis.audio2/concours_schema.xls

En theorie!!!

emj hifi

Inscription Forum: 04 Nov 2003 8:08

Message » 25 Déc 2006 14:16

Hey c'est pas le site du Home-cinema Francophone ici ? C'est sympa d'aider notre ami fus mais il faudrait proposer une traduction de ses et de vos propos merci ;)
ccc
Pro-Fabricant.
Pro-Fabricant.

Inscription Forum: 05 Mar 2003 22:16

Message » 25 Déc 2006 21:08

faudrais également qu'il se serve d'un site de traduction ;)
quand je vais sur diyaudio j'ecrit en anglais, au moins par respect

hello Fus ;)
you can be useful yourselves of site of traduction for communicated better, thank you ;)
http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr
Aldo
aldo
Pro-Fabricant
Pro-Fabricant

Inscription Forum: 25 Déc 2001 2:00

Message » 26 Déc 2006 1:45

Thanks for all info and I'm sorry if I bother you with my english text.
I know,is some translate options but I begin first topic and the translation don't go exactly what I mean...by words.
Sorry to disturb you.....By the way I'm not english either and I was thinking if I write in english is more easy for me to obtain some info.

I apologize for that....and thanks for understanding.I hope don't bother you again.....
fus

Message » 26 Déc 2006 1:53

fus a écrit:Thanks for all info and I'm sorry if I bother you with my english text.
I know,is some translate options but I begin first topic and the translation don't go exactly what I mean...by words.
Sorry to disturb you.....By the way I'm not english either and I was thinking if I write in english is more easy for me to obtain some info.

I apologize for that....and thanks for understanding.I hope don't bother you again.....

there is no problem ;)
then continuous to write in English ;)
aldo
Pro-Fabricant
Pro-Fabricant

Inscription Forum: 25 Déc 2001 2:00

Message » 26 Déc 2006 11:32

BTW fus, where are you from?
Maousse

Message » 26 Déc 2006 11:53

Thx....Aldo.
I'm from Romania...some kind of "francophone" country.

The Zenquito or if it will be Buzquito ...it needed to be for dipole bass drivers.For the main driver(Supravox215 rtf bicone) I will go with tube monoblocks.The drivers will be mounted in open baffle.
The dipole bass drivers has an 98db spl.So is not need too much power to drive them and also not too much equalization from active cross.

More important for me is the sound quality of the amp.Do you know other alternatives of high end amps(schematics-links) for my aplication but not class A?

My monoblocks:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthre ... number=131

From diyaudio......I'm "Felixx"
What do you think?
Thx.
fus

Retourner vers Amplis et Préamplis

• Articles en relation
    Dernier message