Modérateurs: Modération Forum Haute-Fidélité, Modération Forum Univers Casques, Modération Forum Installations, Le Bureau de l’Association HCFR • Utilisateurs parcourant ce forum: COUILLEROT et 27 invités

Toutes les solutions de traitement du signal : différentes méthodes, matériel et logiciel, mise en œuvre...

Trinnov... C'est parti!!!

Message » 12 Jan 2008 16:18

CBO a écrit:A 1800$, n'espérez tout de même pas avoir les mêmes fonctionnalités. Je dirais même qu'à ce prix, Trinnov y perd quelque peu en crédibilité... Sherwood...
Mais bon, attendons de voir le produit, saletés de préjugés...

Il n'y a aucune chance qu'il y ait les mêmes fonctionnalités, vu que le Trinnov est un pc sous Linux avec écran tactile, et les possibilités de réglages sont énormes grâce à ça. Donc le Sherwood embarquera de la technologie Trinnov, mais forcément avec beaucoup moins de réglages possibles.
Crao

Inscription Forum: 20 Juil 2003 22:15

Message » 12 Jan 2008 17:34

J'ai également fait des tests dans des pièces bien plus petites que 13m² et je confirme ce qui a déjà été dit par PMIX et syber ;)
ccc
Pro-Fabricant.
Pro-Fabricant.

Inscription Forum: 05 Mar 2003 22:16

Message » 12 Jan 2008 19:10

Comment organiser des tests de ce bel outil?
dinard08

Inscription Forum: 11 Juil 2002 11:23

Message » 14 Jan 2008 0:45

dinard08 a écrit:Comment organiser des tests de ce bel outil?

En leur passant un coup de fil déjà ;)

Voilà un autre article sur le sherwood au ces. Visiblement ils n'avaient pas encore de machine à montrer et faisaient leur démos avec un véritable Optimizer !
http://blog.ultimateavmag.com/ces2008/010808Sherwood/
ccc
Pro-Fabricant.
Pro-Fabricant.

Message » 24 Jan 2008 16:00

Je viens de tomber sur ce post, le jour tant attendu est enfin arrivé ! Il y a du nouveau depuis 10 jours ? :mdr:
yaumeguy

Inscription Forum: 14 Oct 2001 2:00

Message » 24 Jan 2008 16:27

Je suis tombé sur ça, tiré du forum AVS, réponse de Trinnov à un mail d'un forumeur :

Hi,
I am a audio/videophile who is looking forward to the release of the Sherwood Newcastle R-972 A/V receiver. It is my understanding that it will be the first receiver to utilize the capabilities of the Trinnov Optimizer. I have a few questions regarding this exciting development:

1. Would you please explain how it differs from the Audyssey MultEQ XT? More to the point, can you explain how the Trinnov Optimizer's implementation in the S/N R-972 differs from the Audyssey MultEQ XT Pro version utilized in a number of competing higher end receivers?

Trinnov: Our expertise is in the reproduction of acoustic fields. Trinnov was founded as a result of 3d acoustic research and ongoing research is a cornerstone of our company. To learn more, visit www.trinnov.com/research.php. Key to understanding why Trinnov's approach is so unique is to look at what the reference standard has been: make speakers sound alike. For spatial reproduction- this calls for exacting speaker placement relative to the listener, and moving the speakers to comform to different listening standards. This is rarely achieved outside of studios and dedicated rooms, and even then, not easy to do. Now Trinnov changes all of that: put speakers where you can, following general guidelines, and you'll get spectacular results over an enlarged area. Why? Because Trinnov solves all aspects of the reproduction equation: voicing and spatiality, by using advanced 3d acoustics algorithms. The improvement applies to the sweet spot as well as the listening area. While the sweet spot gains the most benefit, and the surrounding area benefits as well for multiple listeners. Trinnov provides a unique calibration microphone array with every system that collects 3d acoustical data from the speakers, their placement, and the room. The Trinnov Optimizer analyzes the acoustic data and computes correction filters to reconstruct the acoustic field, giving the same voicing and spatiality of the original. Trinnov's Optimizer Pro provides this same function for some of the toughest production environments in the world: surround broadcast vans, cinema post production, and in surround music studios. The R-972 will be the first consumer product to embody this advanced technology. The R-972 functions with the same analyzing power as the professional Optimizer, and has a reduced feature set that is both easy to use and optimized for audiophile use. The R-972 provides for presets based on multiple acoustic orientations, allowing for Optimization of different listening experiences. As an example, use one setup Optimized for HDTV viewing and other Optimized setups for surround music listening from your favorite reading chair or social area. Even rotate the soundstage in any direction to match…

2. A separate point that I hope you'll address... the Audyssey MultEQ XT is known for decreasing LFE output to a level that makes a lot of people not want to utilize the EQ functions (they calibrate the response too flat and offer minimal user adjustability). A lot of us bass heads like to have a house curve in our home theaters such that there is a gradual upslope of output from 80hz down to 30hz. I personally use a parametric EQ so I'm about 10dB hot from 20-30Hz... north of 30Hz there is a gentle slope down to flat at 80Hz... south of 20Hz there is a gentle slope down to flat at 10Hz. Will I still be able to enjoy that kind of output with the S/N R-972 when utilizing the Trinnov functions?

Trinnov: The Optimizer provides loudspeaker correction to correct for speakers, their placement, and the room. Once that is done, user target curves are offered for those who want to modify to particular tastes. Most who hear flat bass reproduction are startled to find a perceived lack of bass, due to the removal of room mode resonances or peaks. Its common to address this by providing a modest bass boost. The R-972 has such a user option, controllable Bass and Treble adjustments, and a provision for future updates of new user target curves that could be tailored to specific tastes.

3. The Audyssey stand alone unit is known to perform much better than the unit in the receivers... is this something that we can expect with the R-972/Trinnov combo? BTW, their explanation is the DSP has to be shared with other functions thus the MultEQ XT is somewhat limited. They also mentioned the Pro version in the newer higher end receivers addresses this to some extent.

Trinnov: As stated above, the R-972 utilizes the same acoustical analysis algorithms as Trinnov's Professional Optimizer, with a dedicated DSP (TI's DA-708). In the past, a big bottleneck to acoustic computations has been higher sampling rates- double the sampling rate and the computation requirements quadruple, placing severe limits on what can be done. Trinnov has developed a process that removes the processing limits that higher sampling rates call for. As a result, Trinnov provides the full Optimizer Pro calibration sequence, with the result that the computations in the DSP take somewhat longer then in the Pro version. Trinnov feels that the trade-off in setup time (extra minutes) will be time well rewarded every time you turn the R-972 on.

4. Lastly, I have my heart set on a beautiful set of speakers. The catch is the front three speakers have open baffles and the rears are omnipolar. I've heard it mentioned that the Trinnov Optimizer requires direct radiating speakers (and I haven't heard it definitively rebuked). Will I be able to use those speakers with the S/N R-972 receiver and have the Trinnov functions work to their highest potential?

Trinnov: The Trinnov Optimizer has been used with everything from direct radiators, to dipoles, planer electrostatics, all with excellent results.

Thank you very much in advance for addressing my concerns. I'm looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Krister

PS. I sent a similar e-mail to Audyssey and they replied with a very respectful comparison. They mentioned the key thing that set the Trinnov Optimizer apart is the spatial reconfiguration of speaker location but elected to not to mention its capability to deal with room acoustics (which of course is their bread and butter). Will you please address all of the functions of the Trinnov Optimizer in the S/N R-972 receiver?

Trinnov: Room acoustics are an important element of the reproduction of any acoustic field. In order to get spatial reproduction right, the 3d acoustic field must be accounted for and managed, hence the importance of room acoustics, loudspeaker voicing and so on. They are all elements of a bigger picture encompassed by Trinnov's Optimizer.

Ce que je retiens de ce mail : le DSP du sherwood remplira les mêmes fonctions que l'Optimizer pro, seul le temps de calcul sera plus long lors de la calibration. C'est un scandale !! :mdr:

Guillaume
yaumeguy

Inscription Forum: 14 Oct 2001 2:00

Message » 24 Jan 2008 20:03

Vivement une version pre-pro du sherwood !

La configuration dans mon profil

Tout peut se mesurer et se calibrer du moment qu'on dispose des bons outils.
jacko
Membre d'Honneur - Contributeur & Délégué
Membre d'Honneur - Contributeur & Délégué

Inscription Forum: 12 Juin 2002 12:45

Message » 25 Jan 2008 10:17

Bjr,

Si ce Sherwood Newcastle R-972 A/V, pouvait aussi intégrer une correction physiologique à la façon THX Loudnes Plus ou Audyssey Dynamic EQ, il serait tout simplement parfait. :D

Trinnov?

Hugo :wink:
Hugo S
Membre d'Honneur - Président de l'Association & Relations PROs
Membre d'Honneur - Président de l'Association & Relations PROs

Inscription Forum: 04 Mai 2000 2:00

Message » 25 Jan 2008 11:00

Hugo S a écrit:Bjr,

Si ce Sherwood Newcastle R-972 A/V, pouvait aussi intégrer une correction physiologique à la façon THX Loudnes Plus ou Audyssey Dynamic EQ, il serait tout simplement parfait. :D

Trinnov?

Hugo :wink:

ça fait déjà plus d'un an que je leur en avais touché deux mots, voir plus. Et oui, avant THX et Audyssey, le systême DRC de Tact chez bozaudio était intéressant à ce niveau là. Mais à ce moment, ils n'avaient pas plus l'air intéressé que ça. J'essaierai à nouveau de leur en parler dès que je le sens, vu qu'ils se positionnent aujourd'hui en concurrent direct d'Audyssey pour ce qui est de leur licence.
Par contre, je trouve plus intéressant aujourd'hui le THX loudness plus. Et oui, avec toutes les recherches effectuées, l'Audyssey dynamic eq ne sera installé que par un pro agréé. En tant que passionné qui touche beaucoup à son installe, je trouve ça gênant de les rappeler si je bouge de 5cm mon caisson de basse.

TRINNOVien convaincu depuis 2005 !!
MC INTOSH mx151/ROOMPERFECT/KRELL FPB 300cx/THIEL cs2.4/BLUESOUND Node 2i/ISOTEK Syncro/AUDIOQUEST Niagara 1200/
La meilleure chaîne hifi, c'est ... pas de chaîne hifi. Allez au concert classique !!
PMIX
Membre HCFR
Membre HCFR

Inscription Forum: 25 Mar 2002 2:00

Message » 25 Jan 2008 11:02

jacko a écrit:Vivement une version pre-pro du sherwood !

Tiens! ça sent la reconversion!?!? :wink:

MC INTOSH mx151/ROOMPERFECT/KRELL FPB 300cx/THIEL cs2.4/BLUESOUND Node 2i/ISOTEK Syncro/AUDIOQUEST Niagara 1200/
La meilleure chaîne hifi, c'est ... pas de chaîne hifi. Allez au concert classique !!
PMIX
Membre HCFR
Membre HCFR

Message » 25 Jan 2008 19:56

jacko a écrit:Vivement une version pre-pro du sherwood !

+1 !

Il y a une photo du sherwood dans la RDS de ce mois-ci, disponibilité : mars aux USA, 1800$.
On voit la sonde (micro), je ne sais pas si c'est la version définitive mais elle ressemble à celle du trinnov pro, sauf que le bas serait tronqué et que les cylindres portant les micros sont plus simples dans leur forme.
ccc
Pro-Fabricant.
Pro-Fabricant.

Message » 25 Jan 2008 20:39

Salut a tous :)

ce produit m'interesse aussi :wink: pour une veritable evolution de mon systeme 8)

j'ai trouve ce lien ,je ne sais pas si vous l'aviez deja:

http://www.slipperybrick.com/2008/01/sh ... -receiver/

didier
deparis

Inscription Forum: 29 Avr 2005 11:11

Message » 07 Aoû 2008 10:00

Quelqu'un a pu comparer Trinnov avec Lyngdorf ou Audyssey ?
flom

Inscription Forum: 22 Jan 2004 10:53

Message » 07 Aoû 2008 10:52

Oui... j'en connais un! :wink:

PMIX
Membre HCFR
Membre HCFR

Message » 07 Aoû 2008 11:15

PMIX a écrit:Oui... j'en connais un! :wink:

Euh, ma question était donc mal posée :

Quelqu'un pourrait il svp me faire un retour d'expérience d'une comparaison possible entre les systèmes Trinnov / Audyssey / Lyngdorf ?

Merci :mdr:
flom

Inscription Forum: 22 Jan 2004 10:53

Retourner vers Correction active et logiciels de mesure