Modérateurs: Modération Forum Home-Cinéma, Le Bureau de l’Association HCFR • Utilisateurs parcourant ce forum: dr rotule, hamster, katoche 94 et 19 invités

Discussion sur les préamplis décodeurs HomeCinéma

Marantz AV7702 / 7702Mk2 proç 11.2 XLR - Atmos + XT32

Message » 26 Déc 2014 23:02

j'ai été chercher un av8801 chez home ciné solution a un tarif :love:

super contant du résultat, c'est un bon cran au dessus du 7701 quand même.

j'en ai profité pour prendre une paire de kilpsch rs52 mkII pour mettre des voies ar, je regrette pas non plus, ça apporte un vrai plus :ane:
wilmo76

Inscription Forum: 05 Déc 2005 19:34

Message » 01 Jan 2015 7:53

Y a t il un intérêt à passer par un scaler DVDO Edge plutôt que par le 7702 ?
Ptisik

Inscription Forum: 18 Mai 2001 2:00

Message » 01 Jan 2015 12:55

wilmo76 a écrit:j'ai été chercher un av8801 chez home ciné solution a un tarif :love:

super contant du résultat, c'est un bon cran au dessus du 7701 quand même.

j'en ai profité pour prendre une paire de kilpsch rs52 mkII pour mettre des voies ar, je regrette pas non plus, ça apporte un vrai plus :ane:

Mieux vaut poster dans le topic dédié :wink:

son-audio-preamplificateurs-decodeurs-homecinema/2-nouveaux-pre-amplis-chez-marantz-7701-et-8801-t30022156.html
gil2b
Membre HCFR
Membre HCFR

Inscription Forum: 28 Déc 2003 19:52

Message » 02 Jan 2015 11:16

Bjr,

Un avis et analyse comparée qui "situe" le 7702 :

sur AVS, Ricanmeng a écrit:I apologize in advance for the lenghty post and lack of proper quoting.

I have tried the Krell Foundation, the Integra DHC-80.3, the DHC-80.6, the Emotiva UMC-200 (owned daily driver), the Denon AVR-X4000 and the Marantz AV-7702 (in testing currently). My setup consists of the Emotiva XPA-5 amp driving (2) Magnepan MMG fronts, (2) MMG-W rears, MMG-C with DWM Bass Panel for the center. Dual Display with 55" lcd on wall then a drop down screen infront with a 3D projector. All new games consoles, HTPC/Gaming machine, Darbee, Roku, and a signal chain I complicate on purpose for testing reasons. Here is my assesment (both my ears and my Wife's). I am an Engineer at a dealer and get access to anything we want (currently testing for our new showroom) I have been at this for 10 years and went to the University of Miami for Audio Engineering, worked as a lead technician at KRK systems and in the pro industry for a while just to give some credentials. 33/33/33 usage for music/movies/gaming

Having said all that, the Integra's sound muddy compared to all other options (that is both with and without Audyssey and AccuEQ.) Very feature rich, run warm physically, same look aesthetically for years.

The Krell was very muscially laid back with great imaging and presence, worst setup I have encountered in my life. Could not run there room correction due to the nature of my speakers (dipole Maggies) and the shortcoming of their software. Finicky HDMI operation, and for Movies and Gaming, not enough kick due to the previously mentioned musical attributes.

The Emotiva is nice for the price with no frills, easy to setup, slow HDMI switching, limited number of inputs, good for movies and gaming, alright for music. If I could listen at reference levels all day with some more room treatment I could live with it and the REW setup I used for it. Since I have a new born and a 3 year old, I need something with Dynamic EQ or equivalent. Price to performance ratio is the main keeping factor for me.

The Denon hit a lot of check marks except for excessive DAC noise and harshness at Reference levels. I had it exchange and still the same results. Audyssey worked well on it and the features and setup were awesome, but I couldn't party with it so it went back.

The Marantz I am currently testing has checked all the boxes (except for HDCP 2.2, don't care today). Best Audyssey implementation I have heard yet, HDMI works flawlessly. Good setup. Very good musically (not quite like the Krell though), but Home Theater wise (movies, games) it kicks ass to another level. With Dynamic Volume and EQ used, I can still enjoy the system in the later hours when my children are sleeping and feel like I am missing out on the experience. The system is so enjoyable my wife gave me the go ahead to purchase and keep the unit. Sorry for the lengthy post but I usually lurk and couldn't help but contribute to your decisions based on actual listening experience in my home.

Hugo
Hugo S
Membre d'Honneur - Président de l'Association & Relations PROs

Inscription Forum: 04 Mai 2000 2:00

Message » 02 Jan 2015 11:51

re Bjr,

Une info DTS qui intéressera ou pas - mise à jour ou pas - du Marantz 7702... on aura certainement plus d'infos après le CES 2015 à Las vegas dans quelques jours :

post178382104.html#p178382104

Hugo
Hugo S

Message » 02 Jan 2015 16:18

re Bonjour,

Et il semblerait que... :D

sur AVS, SteveH a écrit:[
blu-dog-avs a écrit:This is going to be interesting news for the crowd that rushed out for Atmos in advance of common sense. It was just too soon to go rushing in within the past few weeks without some serious questions being asked.

According to my source in October of 2014 who is a key decision maker @ D&M, DTS:X will be offered on the Marantz AV7702 and 8802 via a firmware update. Meaning they have the MIPS to handle the code. They expected the price to be free (as of October) for DTS:X and they were going to have to charge $$'s for Auro3D.

One of 2 are complete.

Hence no one rushed. D&M will deliver. I will be meeting with D&M inside of a week to re-confirm this statement. A key reason for my faith is Denon and Marantz are owned by an American company (Bain Capital). A lot of these decisions are made state side.

Hugo
Hugo S

Message » 04 Jan 2015 2:26

Spaceangel a écrit:C'est cela, et je te conseille si possible plutôt 8077+7025

Merci Spaceangel pour ta réponse (mieux vaut remercier tard que jamais !)
Je suis à 2 doigts de craquer pour le couple AV7702 + MM8077 pour alimenter mon HC actuel 7.1 Focal

Pouvez-vous me confirmer qu'il vaut mieux relier les appareils en XLR que RCA ?
Sur quoi la différence se joue-t-elle ?

Merci
Et Bonne Année 2015 !

Mat
Mat78

Inscription Forum: 19 Nov 2012 15:46

Message » 04 Jan 2015 10:52

Tu nous feras un retour sur les performances de l ampli; il y a pas mal d utilisateurs de preamplis Marantz sur le forum mais assez peu d ampli de puissance.
En reliant en xlr au lieu de rca, cela te permet d avoir un niveau de bruit moindre et d utiliser des cables plus longs, le gain de ton système est aussi augmenté.
Fre.Mo

Inscription Forum: 19 Déc 2002 10:42

Message » 04 Jan 2015 11:20

Bjr,

Mat78 a écrit:...
Pouvez-vous me confirmer qu'il vaut mieux relier les appareils en XLR que RCA ?
Sur quoi la différence se joue-t-elle ?

Merci
Et Bonne Année 2015 !

Mat

S'agissant de connectique, donc de câbles, le subjectif s'invite toujours dans ce style de débat ou d'expression d'avis. Du coup on peut discuter à longueur de journée sur les vertus et différences entre connectiques XLR et RCA. Car pour les uns il n'y en a pas et pour d'autres la différence est comme le jour et la nuit.

Aussi et puisque tu as le choix, permets-moi de te conseiller d'utiliser des câbles XLR. :thks:

Tu seras sûr que le principe de construction symétrique de ces câbles te permettra de minimiser au mieux les éventuelles interférences extérieures possibles. Sachant que dans ton contexte d'utilisation, il y aura de minuscules différences (pour ne pas dire aucune) entre 1 câble XLR à @ 5€ tel qu'on peut le trouver sur Amazon par exemple, et un autre câble XLR à 100€, voire 1000€.

Toutefois, si la notion de coût est accessoire, il n'y a aucune raison de ne pas se faire plaisir en admirant les "super" câbles que l'on a chez soi. :wink:

Bon Dimanche,

Hugo
Hugo S

Message » 04 Jan 2015 12:23

ok merci pour vos avis.

Vendu pour le câblage en XLR !

Et pas de problème pour rédiger un retour dès que les 2 bêtes seront en place

Mat
Mat78

Inscription Forum: 19 Nov 2012 15:46

Message » 04 Jan 2015 17:16

j'en profite pour approfondir la question au sujet du xlr :
en utilisant les sorties xlr d'un tel préampli (7701,7702,etc...), se retrouve-t-on avec le niveau "pro" ou est-ce juste du "consumer" ? on est en -10dB ou en +4dB ?

sur le préampli denon "pro" on peut sélectionner le niveau, mais pas sur les marantz, alors du coup on sort comment du préamp' ?

Merci. :thks:

le gain de ton système est aussi augmenté.

niveau "pro" donc ?
Régis

Inscription Forum: 24 Oct 2001 2:00

Message » 04 Jan 2015 19:36

Bonsoir,

Voilà ce que dit le manuel du 7702 en p.307 :

Marantz AV7702 manuel.JPG
Marantz AV7702 manuel.JPG (27.79 Kio) Vu 1978 fois

on peut donc raisonnablement en déduire que les sorties XLR sortent en +4dB et les RCA en -10dB.

Sachant que dans notre contexte avec 13 canaux connectés et "seulement" 11 sorties XLR disponibles, les Height Back sont ainsi alimentées par les 2 sorties RCA correspondantes. Mais via un très court câble RCA-RCA qui alimente un transfo Neutrik RCA-XLR où est branché un câble XLR-XLR de 5m. qui relie le Marantz 7702 à l'ampli Onkyo 5500 qui alimente les enceintes en question.

Du coup le trim de ces enceintes Height Back est plus élevé (+5/6dB de souvenir) que l'ensemble des 7 Front.

De même que sur les 4 JBL Pro LSR305 utilisées et directement connectées en XLR-XLR, j'ai laissé le sélecteur de sensibilité sur -10dB et pas de soucis.

Hugo
Hugo S

Message » 04 Jan 2015 19:52

Hugo S a écrit:
on peut donc raisonnablement en déduire que les sorties XLR sortent en +4dB et les RCA en -10dB.
Hugo

Comment fais tu le calcul? J ai du mal a croire qu il y ait 14dB d écart entre rca et xlr, cela me semble tres elevé. Pour moi il ne devrait y avoir que 3dB entre les deux types de sortie...
Fre.Mo

Inscription Forum: 19 Déc 2002 10:42

Message » 04 Jan 2015 20:48

re Bonsoir,

Fre.Mo a écrit:
Hugo S a écrit:
Hugo

Comment fais tu le calcul? J ai du mal a croire qu il y ait 14dB d écart entre rca et xlr, cela me semble tres elevé. Pour moi il ne devrait y avoir que 3dB entre les deux types de sortie...

Je ne fais aucun calcul, j'essaye de répondre à une interrogation en publiant une image du manuel officiel du 7702 et en la faisant suivre d'un commentaire qui inclut le terme "raisonnablement"... :thks:

... puis en prenant la peine de décrire notre propre contexte spécifique d'utilisation combinée XLR/RCA du 7702 qui est à la maison.

Hugo
Hugo S

Message » 09 Jan 2015 16:32

Bonjour,

Après le CES 2015, un point sur le contexte spécifique des Marantz 7702 et 8802 + futur DTS:X .

sur AVS, SteveH a écrit:I just got back from CES and was able to fondle the 8802 as it was a static display. At one point, I thought it purred back at me. :kiss:I need to write up a lot of 8802 stuff for my prepro and home theater database customers no later than tomorrow and email it off. If anybody wants that 8802 info, just PM me your email address. In summary, I would have called this 8802 a 9902. They really re-worked this thing top to bottom. Adding a sequence number (01 to 02) didn't do it justice. I have high hopes because on paper, it is impressive. So what does it mean to the ear? I hope to be find out soon.

I also asked about the DTS:X and they could not give me an inkle or definitive answer. One reason is they are under an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreements) with DTS and D&M that prevent them from talking with me or anybody else. So if there is some sort of hardware that is needed (or not needed) they could not tell me if they wanted to. That's because they would have just told me something about DTS that they cannot legally comment on. Everything I say is my opinion from here on out. I personally don't think there is a needed DTS hardware chip from what other vendors on other lines said during CES.

I know they wanted to give me an answer. But that wasn't their department and their plate was full with many tasks. I do know that they have had their engineering efforts focused on the traditional releases of the 2015 receiver line and specifically the 8802. They have publicly said they will support DTS:X on products (no specific models or timelines).

Stressing again these are only my words and I do not speak for D&M nor did they say these words: DTS:X just came out. There is no software possibly for months. The standards were just formalized. If DTS:X was standardized 3 or 6 months ago, DTS would have released it 3 or 6 months ago. Needless to say, the final DTS product was still being changed until their release last week. So while it could have looked like a no-brainer 6 months ago now could be more of an effort. Again, I am talking out loud. But early adopters want an answer in a day or week after it's release even though it is possibly months away from the 1st movie. I could only imagine there are technical decisions that have not been answered. Like are the speakers going to match-up? Will it overlay Auro 3D? Is there enough DSP headroom? Are they going to charge for it? Will the effort be worth it on this series or releases? Where is it in the priority in comparison of other pressing engineering efforts when there are zero movies out for many months? D&M has headphones projects, turntables, HEOS (that kicks butt by the way), stereo products in the queue etc. I quickly figured out that they are not going to get an answer in a week nor three. They are not trying to hide anything, they really don't know because their plate is full. I did hear that Auro3D was a massive effort to pull off? If I was them, I'd look at the number of downloads and figure out how many people really "need it". I personally view that as a good sign of them not saying no right now: if it was not able to be done they could have told us without telling me why.

In conclusion on the DTS:X thing. They don't know so I don't know. No tech that you call on a D&M can know so you should not read a word into what they say at this moment in time. I predict no one in D&M knows. So surely no one on this forum can possibly have any working knowledge shy of a smoking gun that a piece of hardware is needed which is just guessing.

With that said, even if DTS:X does not happen for any reason, I am going to stand by my customer. They will be delighted that I took extremely good care of them if DTS:X is important to them and it turns out that it doesn't happen. I've had to do that before and I will do it again. They won't be going backwards and I will leave it at that.

Re: the 8802. Again while they gave me no indication if it was going to be updated with DTS:X, I am going to put my butt on the line with my customers and figure out a way to guarantee that it will happen or swap them into something that does. As you might guess, I'm feeling extremely comfortable that the 8802 will have DTS:X. That's because it my opinion, there is more gross margin on a higher priced product so they can offer up the resources to make it happen. That 8802 customer expects it and I think they should expect it. I hope that it is determined or publicly released that DTS:X will be supported before a product ships.

Now let's put this all in perspective. I sold 6 8801's this month. They all knew about HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2. I told them about Auro 3D, DTS:X, and Atmos. They did not care nor did they take my recommendation. They wanted a 8801. They didn't want to wait and they felt comfortable with that decision. Today dealers around the country will sell brand new Anthem's, Krell's, Bryston's, and other extremely expensive products. Many people don't care about these new formats. Of course D&M knows this and if I am a betting man, they understand that a guy might want to wait. But they just don't have an infinite amount of resources to get an answer as quick as we want. If people want to wait and that makes the most sense for them, then they should. But for others to preach that people who are enjoying ATMOS today were too quick to jump I think is wasted bandwidth. Some have postulated in this thread that without this feature, somehow it is going to depreciate quickly and D&M is going to discount the item because of it. Nonsense! If that was the case would they sell one $10,000 Anthem today? If I was worried about DTS:X, I surely would not be taking delivery on a batch of 12, 7702's next week. They will all sell because people realize that the following generation will have stuff that their current generation doesn't.

Hugo
Hugo S

Retourner vers Préamplis Décodeurs HomeCinéma

• Articles en relation
    Dernier message