Modérateurs: Modération Forum Home-Cinéma, Modération Forum Installations, Modération Forum Univers TV, Le Bureau de l’Association HCFR • Utilisateurs parcourant ce forum: Aucun utilisateur enregistré et 18 invités

Cannot get EyeOne Monitor working with HCFR 2.1 Vista x64

Message » 30 Aoû 2009 23:24

Hello laric and HCFR team!

Sorry for writing in English as I cannot speak French. It is me, LovingDVD, from the AVS Forums. I have been trying for weeks to get my EyeOne Monitor to work with HCFR 2.1. Previously I used this device with HCFR 2.01 on Windows XP. So i do not know if the issue is with the HCFR 2.1, or whether I have a problem with the driver on Vista x64. I also tried on Windows 7 x64 with the same result.

When I try to take a measurement HCFR responds with "EyeOne.dll returned an error during initialization. Device not connected".

The device is plugged in and Device Manager shows this listed under "X-Rite Devices" then under that, "i1 Monitor". Driver version shows as 2.40.0.1315.

I have tried installing the X-Rite driver from other sources and it always installs as this version.

I also tried the instructions here: http://www.marcelpatek.com/hcfr.html and got the 3.4.0.131 eyeone.dll from the Eyeone Match 3 and put that into the base ColorHCFR folder but it made no difference.

I also installed the i1 Diagnostics tool from X-Rite. That tool works just fine, communicates with the EyeOne Monitor OK, runs all the tests and comes back and says the meter is working good.

I have been trying to get help on AVS Forums, but things they suggest have not worked. See http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... st17045144 .

I've been at this for over a week. Hopefully someone here can tell me what I am doing wrong please?

Merci beaucoup!! (that much I do remember from high school French class :) )
lovingdvd2

Inscription Forum: 30 Aoû 2009 23:11

Message » 03 Sep 2009 13:56

lovingdvd2 a écrit:I've been at this for over a week. Hopefully someone here can tell me what I am doing wrong please?

Hi Ric (this is manni from AVS!),

You are not doing anything wrong, and it has nothing to do with HCFR 2.1 vs 2.01. There is an incompatibility between HCFR and Windows 64bits. HCFR doen't use the 64bits driver installed by the diag tools (the driver you can see in the device manager). It relies on the eyeone.dll that you have to copy manually into the HCFR folder to access the meter, but it's obviously not working in 64bits. Unfortunately, it can't access the installed 64bits driver, and therefore cannot detect the meter. This is why the diag tool (or Calman) works in Win 64bits, but not HCFR.

Hopefully this will be solved in the next version, but I tried to connect my i1pro on my Win7 64bits desktop and got the same error as you (while it obviously works on Win 32 bits).

I suggest you install Win7 32 bits unless you have more than 4Gb of memory on your laptop, as there is not real performance gain.

This is what I've done on my laptop, until all the drivers I need on the move are available in 64bits.
Manni

Inscription Forum: 21 Mar 2009 14:48

Message » 03 Sep 2009 14:05

Good news! I just had a last minute inspiration, and tried to launch HCFR in compatibility mode, it seems to work fine!

To do this, make sure the eyeone.dll is copied in the HCFR folder, then right click on the colorhcfr.exe and select "properties", then "compatibility", then "check "run this program in compatibility mode" and select Windows XP (SP3).

This allows to calibrate the i1Pro and start readings, so hopefully it will work with the i1monitor.

Let us know if it does!
Manni

Message » 03 Sep 2009 15:40

Hi Manni - thank you so much for the post.

Unfortunately this did not work. From your description I really thought your suggestion to run in Windows compatibility mode was going to do the trick, but unfortunately the result was the same - same error message about an error while trying to initialize the sensor.

Hopefully we will hear from the HCFR developers on this forum shortly. If you can think of anything else in the meantime please let me know.
lovingdvd2

Message » 03 Sep 2009 15:56

I'm going to email you the eyeone.dll I'm using just to rule this out, It may be a monitor vs pro difference, but I doubt it given the fact that I got exactly the same error as you and it got resolved with the compatibility mode.
The only other thing I can think of is to try the Virtual XP mode in Win7. Download the x64 version here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtua ... nload.aspx, and if your laptop runs it (some can't) it should solve your problem, at least temporarily.
Be careful, you have two files to download (both x64 specific), one is a pack, the other virtual xp itself.
Of course you then have to reinstall HCFR (and copy eyone.dll) in the virtual XP environment.
Manni

Message » 03 Sep 2009 16:42

I have tried to disable the compatibility mode, and it still works!

So I'm wondering about three things:

1) Which driver do you select in HCFR (as the monitor is not specifically supported by HCFR)? i1 pro or display2? This is once you have created a new file (selecting eyeone), you have to go to measures/sensor/confirgure, and there select your calibration type. If I select the wrong type, I get the same error message. So just checking you know which type to select for the monitor.
2) The only thing I tried which may have had an effect before trying the compatibility thing was to copy the files from the "drivers" subfolder in the diag utility (as they contain the .inf and .sys for 64bits drivers) into the HCFR folder. Maybe it helped?
3) Are you trying with Win7 64bits or Vista 64bits?
Manni

Message » 03 Sep 2009 17:36

Thanks Manni. The driver you sent is bit for bit identical to the same one I have been trying, so results were the same. Regarding your questions:

1) I am selecting the EyeOne option. There is no display2 option in my list. IIRC I had always selected EyeOne for my EyeOne Monitor and it worked fine on my old laptop. Unfortunately that computer is no longer bootable so I cannot check it.

2) I just tried copying all those files over but it made no difference.

3) I am using Vista x64

One thing I am wondering is whether the HCFR team may have made some changes in the 2.1 version that broke compatibility with the EyeOne Monitor. I only ran the initial 2.0 (and 2.01 I think) release on my old laptop, so I cannot say whether this would have worked on my old laptop. So basically we have two variables - a new cpu and OS, and a newer version of HCFR.

Any idea where I can download the earlier 2.x version of HCFR? I cannot seem to find it on their site. That would be an interesting test. Thanks for the continued help with this!
lovingdvd2

Message » 03 Sep 2009 18:24

Good to rule out the eyeone.dll...

Please re-read my post about selecting the meter model. You first select eyeone when you create a new file (this is a generic selection), but there is a more specific model version to select later, using the menus, once the new file is created. You then have a choice between three versions of display2 depending on the type of display you want to calibrate, and i1pro. Maybe the wrong model is selected by default in 2.1 vs 2.01? Try different option and report...

If you have access to a RTM version of Win7 64bits, you may want to install that on your new laptop. The compatibility mode may be better, and Virtual XP is only available in Win7, not Vista.

Just out of curiosity, any reason why you want to be in 64bits on your laptop?
Manni

Message » 03 Sep 2009 18:40

Re your question about V2.01, I have no idea where to get it, I've asked in French for you here viewtopic.php?f=1134&t=29904800&p=173027159#p173027159.
Manni

Message » 03 Sep 2009 19:10

One last idea, maybe HCFR V2.1 stopped supporting the i1 monitor because it does't handle reflectance (compared to the i1pro), so it may have caused problems with some types of calibrations?
In any case it means you have to make sure i1pro is the model selected in the sensor configuration menus.
I guess going back to 2.0x will give you the answer, I hope you manage to source one.
Manni

Message » 03 Sep 2009 22:36

Hi Manni - thank you for pointing out that extra step about needing to select the display2 etc. I most certainly was not doing this. I am hoping it is the source of the issue! I will try this late tonight and let you know how it goes.

Also I located version 2.01 from another PC of mine. If selecting the display2 option does not work, then I will try 2.01 on 64 bit. If that does not work, I will try Win7 32 bit.

I will keep you posted. Thanks again for all the terrific help.
lovingdvd2

Message » 04 Sep 2009 1:37

Hi Manni - SUCCESS! The problem turned out to be that as you thought, under Measures->Sensor->Configure, the Calibration Mode was set to "EyeOne Display - LCD". I changed it to "EyeOne Pro" and it worked! Thank you so much for your help on this!
lovingdvd2

Message » 04 Sep 2009 8:37

Glad we got to the bottom of this!
Manni

Retourner vers Les sondes de calibration