Here is the booklet that will be included with the new disc. http://www.spearsandmunsil.com/sspears70/v2insert.zip
There is a lot of content on the disc, which is why it has taken so long to author. I should have a new build of the disc to test today. Hopefully its almost done and will hit the market no later than April. In the end, it will be done when it is done.
1. All of the patterns except the SD, interlaced, and 30p, are available in 2D or 3D. In 3D most of them are flat 3D. We do have a special 3D section that lets you visually measure crosstalk, if you know the gamma of your display, a way to measure with a meter, and some 3D evaluation patterns for things like the sync between the left and right eye.
2. The disc has 5.1 and 7.1 pink noise for audio level adjustment as well as phase. Our pink noise closely matches THX, so you calibrate for 75 dB. The audio is available in TrueHD and DTS-HD MA. We also have some 24p and 2-3 lip sync patterns.
3. We have RGB and YCbCr ramps in horizontal, vertical, and double horizontal. The YCbCr ramps are RGB legal.
4. We have some new motion patterns to measure motion resolution. We also have some motion patterns in 24p, 30p, and 60i. This will show inherent blur in the display itself.
5. For the grayscale and gamut patterns, we decided to only include equal energy patterns. Similar in concept to the AVS709 Constant APL patterns.
If you liked the first disc, we hope you love the 2nd disc. If you did not like the first disc, you probably will not like the 2nd. There are a lot more advanced patterns and many require some sort of instrumentation.
Not sure what you mean by color band pattern.
I will post an update on Monday on how our testing goes.