Modérateurs: Modération Forum Home-Cinéma, Modération Forum Installations, Modération Forum Univers TV, Le Bureau de l’Association HCFR • Utilisateurs parcourant ce forum: Aucun utilisateur enregistré et 31 invités

How to callibrate projector in 3D mode?

Message » 04 Juin 2015 11:20

Hi together,

I have calibrated my Sony VW500 in 2D-Mode and wanted to check the Settings in 3D as well.
Any how I find the strangest results and wonder I if this is "normal" and I do anything wrong, or what is the correct technique to calibrate in 3D mode.

First some Charts from 2D calibration

Now I used the same setting as a bases for the 3D mode, expecting that I have to adjust a little here and there but what I found Kind of shocked me:

In his screenshot green is already corrected, originally it was shifted a lot to the upper left direction.

How I calibrated:
just switched the projector to "simulated 3D" to Switch it into 3D mode.
then attached a pair of 3D glasses to the Spyder3 an turned the (active) glasses on.
I noticed the glasses only cover the sensor right on the mark, so I guess I get some reflected light on it, especially in brighter light, what "could" explain the Gamma curve I think...

How do you calibrate your projectors in 3D mode?

Regards
Stefan
birdie72

Inscription Forum: 14 Oct 2014 11:03

Message » 04 Juin 2015 19:00

hello
The most effective is to create a calibration file as following:
-Measure 3 colors RGB+ white with glasses front the probe then check this file as reference (top right)
-Without closing the reference file, Open a new file and measure 3 colors RGB+ white
-Go in "advanced" then "standard file" and click "create using reference Existing measures" and save.
Now you can calibrate in 3D without the glasses by starting a new file by selecting "use an existing calibration file" and indicating the saved previous file.
With this method, the probe is not disturbed by the loss of light glasses.
For correct measurements, use of native 3D patterns found on Disk "Spears and Munsil"
Kaya
kaya

Inscription Forum: 17 Déc 2006 17:14

Message » 05 Juin 2015 18:16

Sounds great, will try this on the Weekend, THANKS.

Just to understand it correctly:

I do the first meassurement with the glasses on the sensor but projecting in 2D-Mode (which I have already claibrated)?

And the second meassurement, will the glasses still be on the sensor then? meassure in which mode (2D/3D)?

Any Suggestion on how to put the glasses on the sensor to avoid reflected light from around the glasses or so?
birdie72

Message » 06 Juin 2015 12:42

For the first measurement with glasses in 3D mode ((don't forget to click "reference ")
The second mesurement without galsses and always en 3D mode
Put the glasses the nearest of the probe and add black cloth to avoid reflection
Kaya
kaya

Message » 07 Juin 2015 13:54

but then again: if I get myself some Cloth-cover to pull over the glasses and sensor, Couldn't I then simply measure 3D directly like this?
Shouldn't this lead to the exact same results?
birdie72

Message » 08 Juin 2015 12:08

from my point of view, it is not necessary to cover anything if a side of the glasses is perfectly closed with the probe, that is the case for eye one display 3
kaya
kaya

Message » 08 Juin 2015 19:59

layed around yesterday and wraped some black Cloth arount the glasses.

the Sony 3D glasses are slightly smaller than the sensor (Spyder3), so it didn't work without.
Anyhow, results untill now are better than before calibrating, but far from the good result I had in 2D mode. :cry:
Especially Gamma adjustment is tricky as the projector seems to have only one gammaa table and I obviously cannot use the same "2.2" Setting for both 2/3D. - even tough it is "relatively" close.

Using eg "Gamma2.4" and Change this to meet the 2.2 curve didn't work out.
birdie72

Retourner vers Le ColorHCFR

• Articles en relation
    Dernier message